Monday, March 24, 2008

Full 'maid of honor' mode...

I've officially asked off vacation for four days for Stephanie and Nate's wedding including the Bachelorette Party that will be taking place over Labor Day weekend. I am so excited for this event considering both Stephanie and Nathan are two of my favorite people in the whole world and my oldest friends.

I would love to post some of my ideas on here but considering I think she checks the site from time to time, I will have to keep my ideas closed until after the party.

I had big plans for Labor Day weekend - get home on Friday morning, hang out in GC and hit up the Tigers football game. Although OF COURSE every time I try to go home and see a game, they're playing away that night. Since when do they EVER play away over Labor Day weekend? I mean, it IS the county fair weekend!! Oh well.. It will leave some good time to hang out with my dad and see good ol' GC in it's prime form. Then Saturday we'll take off for Omaha for the festivities. Return to GC on Sunday where I hope to hitch a spin on the Snyder's new pontoon and then catch a Labor Day picnic on Monday with my mom's family and celebrate Grandma's 95th birthday.

Weekends like that excite me so much. I love going home when I have the chance to see lots of people (like Fair/summer holiday weekends when so many people will be back in Guthrie), and it will give me the chance to do so many important things in one trip.

I was worried today because I realized I won't be back in Iowa until June for Colby's wedding and since the event is so far away, it won't leave any time to check in with the family. I was worried about not seeing my grandparents until August but I think we're going to work something out to see them during that trip, even if it's just for a little bit. I had thoughts about coming back for a VERY fast trip for Mother's Day but my mom didn't think it would be worth the cost of the ticket to be back for such a short while. However, I might save up and surprise her. Money is tight right now but I'm still optimistic that a raise is coming -- someday :)

That's about all the excitement for now...

No comments: