Friday, March 21, 2008

Growing up is hard to do...

I've been holding in a lot of anger the past few weeks, stemming mostly from frustration. I've been dedicating so much of myself to my career that suddenly I realized that my social life is completely absent and I'm at the same job title and salary that I would have gotten straight out of college over two years ago.

Somehow.. this does not add up. I ask for feedback. Nothing but rave reviews. Which is good.. but still doesn't eliminate my frustration.

My father tells me I need to have more patience... something that has never been one of my strongest virtues.

I think more than anything it brings on self-doubt, paranoia, and hurt that maybe I've chosen the wrong path, maybe this is something that I'm just no good at. My boss assured me otherwise, but those feelings just don't disappear.

In a way, it makes me terrified. I mean, I love my job. I literally love getting up and going to work every day. I'm so incredibly passionate about my clients - sometimes it even amazes me. But if this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing, why am I spending so much time here, dedicating every ounce of energy I have into this? Why am I spending time away from my family?

I will wait this out. It can't always be fast and it can't always be fair. I will try my best to swallow my pride and see what happens. But it hurts and it's hard. I just hope in the end it's worth it. I really want it to be.

No comments: