Sunday, March 23, 2008

Just another Sunday...

Today was my first Easter away from my family. I know Easter isn't a huge holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas, but it has been a bit of a big deal the last few years for me. I moved to San Diego two years ago on the Monday after Easter. It was my last holiday to say goodbye to everyone -- then last year, I accepted my new job position and took a week off before starting to go home for the holiday and check in with the family. So there have always been some big happenings around this time of year, and yet here I am - a little lost.

I went back to church today which was a great experience. I hadn't been since around Christmas, and I'm not sure why I don't make an effort more. I usually get a lot out of the services and it just makes me start the week on a better feeling. Today was of course a packed house, and there was the cutest little boy sitting right behind me that would yell "Yay!!!" after the special brass horn section would finish accompanying the choir. It was adorable.

I then went over to my fabulous friends, Ashley & Matt's, townhouse for dinner. We just all remembered yesterday while watching the UNLV basketball game that Iowa State is playing UNLV out here this fall and tailgating plans have already been made. We got verrrrrrry excited and I am already ecstatic for fall to come around.

Another item to look forward to -- my big 25th birthday. The Fourth of July is on a Friday this year so the celebration could get crazy. Now if all of my friends would stop moving away, we could plan a craaaazy shindig! :)

I'm trying to find something to really look forward to every month to help time pass faster and take my mind off of work. Here's what I've got so far:
April -- vacation in Newport Beach with April and Amanda
May -- trying reallllllllllly hard to get back home for Mother's Day
June -- Colby's wedding
July -- my birthday!
August -- Stephanie's bachelorette party
September -- football season begins!
October -- Nate & Stephanie's wedding
November -- Thanksgiving
December -- Christmas

I think that's enough to get me through 2008. I can't believe I'm already planning this all out in March, but I just want to be prepared to get through the next few months in case they turn out to be more difficult than I'm hoping.

That's all for now. Here's to a new week!

No comments: