Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today was a good day..

Sometimes I wonder how I got here.. Often, even.. I have been having a hard time trying to find my place the last few months and it has led me to question if I'm good at the path I've chosen, if this is where I'll find success. This week I was reminded just how far I've come and how lucky I am to have the opportunities I have and how much success I've already accomplished in my life.

It was a crazy busy week.. LIVESTRONG Day, Lance Armstrong, and Coaches vs. Cancer all took place on Tuesday/Wednesday...

I helped contribute to this and this was also a huge part of my week. And honestly.. both were an honor to be a part of.

The highlight: Coach Kruger came up to me before the golf tournament started and wanted to introduce me to legendary Missouri basketball coach Norm Stewart. Our office had helped him get tickets to a show the night before for him and his wife. Coach had no idea about my history with Mizzou, and of course I was like a giddy little school girl. It didn't hurt that Norm continued to call me by my first name the next two days. I mean, seriously... he is a legend. It was amazing.


As much as I need to grow in my career right now (just for my own sanity), I am not naive enough to ignore how lucky I am for these experiences. I'm thankful every day, and I think as long as I continue to keep that attitude, something positive will come through the door. It's all about finding the patience to wait it out.

No comments: